City of Concord crews preparing for winter weather | Transportation
City of Concord crews are preparing for winter weather that is predicted to hit the area Friday.
The crews are in the process of performing brine application on designated bare pavement routes in preparation for tomorrow’s forecasted frozen precipitation.
Eight trucks with salt brine distributors were working Thursday morning, and continued application until later in the afternoon.
City Transportation staff says they are hopeful, given the limited amount of precipitation predicted, the brine will keep streets safe throughout the event. However, Friday morning crews will be ready to spread salt and sand if ice forms on street surfaces before the event ends, they say.
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments