Day One of Sprint Cup Testing at CMS | Sports & Recreation
CONCORD, NC (WBTV) - 16 drivers including the defending Sprint Cup Champ Brad Keselowski hit the track at Charlotte Motor Speedway for day one of a test session in the new 2013 cars.
One driver is already giving the new car big praise.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. likes the new 2013 Chevy SS because of its look and the way it handles on the track.
"I like it already leaps and bounds beyond the COT," he said. "This car really gives me a lot of sensations that are similar to the old car that we ran 10 years ago."
Even though early feedback is positive, drivers also know this car is a long way from the final product that will take the green flag for the Daytona 500.
"I'm trying not to get too excited or try not to form too big of an opinion," Earnhardt Jr. said. "We got a lot of things to learn about it and there are still some rules to be finalized."
Testing will wrap up tomorrow at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments