Barrel fire sends three to hospital in Concord | News
CONCORD, NC (WBTV)- Three people were injured from a barrel fire in Concord.
On Sunday, Jan. 20, the Cabarrus County Fire Marshal's Office began investigating a fire incident that occurred on Jan. 19 at 3730 Barrier Store Road, Mt. Pleasant.
Initial reports indicate a barrel fire caused the incident. The ongoing investigation will use witness interviews and examination of materials collected from the scene to determine the cause and nature of the event. Findings will be made public at the completion of the investigation.
At this time, there is no indication of criminal activity.
As a result of the fire, three victims were transported by Cabarrus County EMS to Carolinas Medical Center, Northeast, with injuries.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- Man leads deputies on high speed chase with one year old and three week old in car
- Catching the tail end: man walks away from armed robber, gets shot in back side
- Road work, lanes closed on Statesville Boulevard
- NASCAR driver faces more charges in car hauler dispute
- When can a toothbrush be worse than dental floss? When it comes with a blade