Hunters cause lockdown at Cabarrus Co. elementary school | News
MIDLAND, NC (WBTV)- A hunter in camouflage caused quite a scare at a Cabarrus County elementary school Wednesday morning.
The Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office received a call of a man in camouflage with a long gun in the area of Bethel Elementary School in Midland.
Deputies arrived on scene and learned the man was a local hunter and was seen by several motorists walking near the school, according to a post from the Sheriff's Office.
The school was placed on lockdown as a precaution until deputies determined who the man was.
The Sheriff's Office is asking hunters to please be aware of where you are and how you will be perceived by those who see you displaying weapons.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments