Hours changing at CCM shelter | News
CONCORD - With winter weather just around the corner, Cooperative Christian Ministry is extending shelter hours for the winter months. Beginning Saturday, Dec. 15, the Samaritan House Night Shelter will open one hour early at 6 p.m. and close two hours later in the morning, at 9 a.m.
Normal shelter hours are from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., however CCM staff hopes by extending the hours they can help the Cabarrus County homeless population stay warmer longer.
“We know that between Dec. 15 and March 15 is the coldest time of the year and there’s also the possibility of inclement weather,” says Marshall Smith, shelter and housing manager for CCM. The changes will allow shelter guests who are not reporting to work or school more time to be in a warm place.
During severe weather events, CCM will make a determination on opening offices early in the morning. Before arriving at any of the CCM locations during winter weather (snow, sleet, ice), including food pantries, please call the main line at 704-786-4709 for a message on which locations are open. The Samaritan House Night Shelter is open year round, regardless of the weather.
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments