Traffic detour from Charlotte to Concord starts Thursday night | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- The N.C. Department of Transportation will detour traffic on I-85 North in Charlotte from 10 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29, to 5 a.m. Friday, Nov. 30, weather permitting.
Crews with contractor Lane Construction will be tearing down the old Mallard Creek Road bridge over the interstate, requiring the following detour:
I-85 North to I-485 (Exit 48) to U.S. 29 North (Exit 32) to Bruton Smith Boulevard back to I-85 North.
The closure is slated nightly for Friday, Nov. 30, Saturday, Dec. 1, Monday, Dec. 3, and Tuesday, Dec. 4.
A new bridge was built to accommodate the new on and off-ramps of the $92.2 million I-85/I-485 turbine interchange. Traffic was shifted to the new bridge Nov. 17. The team of Lane Construction and STV-Ralph Whitehead Associates has created a visual rendering of the turbine design.
The project is scheduled to be completed in June 2014.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense