Lose weight by using a fork? | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - The idea comes straight from France where the waistlines have long been sought-after by Americans.
The Fork It weight loss plan uses the concept of light eating late in the day to melt pounds, or so it says.
The plan suggests eating like a king at breakfast using any utensils you'd like. Lunchtime should be a lighter meal or "eat like a Prince". Dinnertime is where the only real restrictions come in, eat like a pauper and only using a fork.
The idea bans fingers, spoons and knives after 6pm and meals should only be foods naturally eaten with a fork. Fish, whole grains and pastas are suggested under the Fork It plan.
We took the concept to Charlotte nutrition counselor Nettie Reeves. She says it might work, but only if used as a tool to teach, and not as a diet.
"I think they more or less listen to their stomachs, we listen a lot to our heads when it comes to food," Reeves said of the concept that Americans simply eat too much.
For more information on the Fork It plan, check out www.forkit.com
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments