Christmas tour at Reed Mine to benefit needy | Arts & Culture
Reed Gold Mine is holding a special Christmas tour, guided by costumed interpreters with focus on the holiday as miners would have experienced it.
Tour-goers can enjoy refreshments provided by the Cabarrus County Extension.
Local choirs are set to perform in the auditorium, while craftsmen display their handicrafts.
Proceeds and collected food go to Cooperative Christian Ministry, which provides support for needy residents in the area.
The event is at Reed Gold Mine State Historic Site (9621 Reed Mine Road in Midland), Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Admission is free. Monetary and food donations are welcome.
For more information, call 704-721-4653.
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments