Jingle bell rock, kicks, laughs, and skits: The HollyDay Follies |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Nearly 70 entertainers ranging in age from their late 50s to 91 are performing in the annual HollyDay Follies revue show on Tuesday, December 4, at 7 p.m. at Mt. Pleasant High School (700 Walker Road).
The HollyDay Follies are in their fourth year and will feature 22 acts, including comedy, dance and holiday music performances by the community’s most talented older adults. David Baxter, host of “Cabarrus This Week” on Cabarrus County’s government channel, Time Warner Channel 22, will emcee the event.
The Cabarrus County Senior Centers, a program of the Cabarrus County Active Living and Parks department, is sponsoring the event. Proceeds will benefit programs for the senior centers, including the Senior Games.
Discounted pre-sale tickets, $5 for adults and $3 for children, are available at the Cabarrus County Senior Centers in Concord (331 Corban Avenue SE, Concord) and Mt. Pleasant (8615 Park Drive, Mt. Pleasant). Tickets are available for purchase at the door the night of the performance, $6 for adults and $4 for children.
For more information about HollyDay Follies, call 704-920-3484 or visit www.cabarruscounty.us/aging.
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- "Large scale" drug operation nets three arrests, drugs and cash seized
- City of Salisbury Memorial Day schedule
- World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series and NDRA Crate Late Models Take Over The Dirt Track
- RCCC graduates first student from Potter's House
- Looking for work? Rowan Helping Ministries has job opening