"The Boys Next Door" at Old Courthouse Theatre | Arts & Culture
CONCORD - The place is a group home in a New England city, where four men with either an intellectual disability or a mental illness live under the supervision of an earnest, but increasingly “burned out” young social worker named Jack.
Mingled with scenes from the daily lives of these four men, we are reminded that, just like the rest of us, people with disabilities want to love and laugh and find meaning and purpose in the brief time that they, like us, are allotted on this earth.
"The Boys Next Door" at Old Courthouse Theatre along 49 Spring Street SW.
- April 30 at 8:00pm
- May 1, 7, 8 at 8:00pm
- May 2, 9 at 2:30pm - Sunday Matinees
- Adults $15.00
- Sr.& Students $12.00
- Children 12 & younger $10.00
website - www.oldcourthousetheatre.org
The ARC of Cabarrus County is selling tickets to the May 6, 2010 reception & performance of The Boys Next Door for $20 each as an ARC fundraiser.
The reception will begin at 6:45 pm with the performance following at 7:30 pm. Contact The ARC of Cabarrus County at 704-788-1616 for tickets and information for the performance on May 6th .
Top Concord Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- Honoring veterans in Rowan and Cabarrus
- Rowan "tractor pulling diva" featured on Carolina Camera tonight
- Woman murdered, man turns himself in and draws heart in blood
- Tim Flock-Jocko Flocko, Coke 600, and can anyone beat JJ? Parker's Points!
- "Large scale" drug operation nets three arrests, drugs and cash seized